Sunday, April 19, 2009

Challenge

This is a copy from my blog:

This evening I made a chart of what it would look like to follow Benedict's Rule in reading the Psalter in a week.  The Desert Fathers, way back in the dizay out in Egypt, would read the Psalter, yes, all 150 Psalms, every day.  Benedict hoped that monks would be able to, in their weakness, do that work in a week.

This is the challenge: starting a week from tomorrow, or Sunday, April 26th, follow Benedict's schedule with me and read the Psalter in a week.  The way Benedict lays it out there are readings for Lauds (Sunrise), Prime (7am), Terace (9am), Sext (Noon), None (3pm), Vespers (Sunset), Compline (bedtime) and Vigils (Midnight or 2am).  When I do it I will combine Lauds and Prime when I get up and Compline and Vigils before I go to bed.  

So, let me know if you're with me and we'll see how it goes.

Peace,

No comments: